Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Texas

My mom called my just to tell me to blog and post pictures...I said I would try...and she said "No just do it."
-So here I go. Vance and I moved to Grand Prairie, Texas (just west of Dallas) at the end of last month. The drive was long, long, long, and boring, boring, boring. So we made it here in two days I think? We live in wonderful, CLEAN, new, GATED apartment. The complex has a pool, hot tub, tennis courts, sand volleyball court, and fitness center. I LOVE THIS PLACE!
-To the south of us a few miles away we have the Rangers staduim, the new Dallas Cowboys staduim, 6 Flags, and 6 Flags Hurricane Harbor. And just east of us in Dallas we have the Dallas Stars and Maverkis...Vance is in sport heaven.
-We are in a great ward. Vance and I have been called to teach the 14 and 15 year old Sunday school class. It has been a neat and new experience. And I got cornered by the bishop yesterday and I am now giving a talk Sunday.
-We have family here and it has been fun to hang out with them and get to know them. They have been great in making us feel welcome and showing us around.
-Vance and I have also noticed that here in Texas some people take great pride in their ride. I will have to post some pictures so you can see what I mean. It is different.
-Vance's job is going well. I on the other hand have been having a difficult time getting the correct information on how to go about getting licensed here.
Well that is all for now!

6 comments:

bowman family said...

Sounds like things are going well down there- that's great!! Hope we get a chance to come and visit sometime. Enjoy that Texas pride:)

AnnCP said...

WAY to go Julianne. I am proud of you!!!!!

Rondo Family said...

YOU MOVED! We definitely need to talk more often!!! How exciting for you though:) I'm so glad that you like your new place! And that is great that Vance is liking his new job. I'm going to call you to get all the good details. I'm so happy for you guys!!! xoxo

A Frost said...

That is so exciting!! I just moved to Texas... Houston. My parents loved the Dallas area, I hope you enjoy it also.

dianna said...

Glad that you are enjoying DFW. We loved it there and miss it. The Ranger's ballpark is really coolto see games. The hospital that I worked at was the one on Randol Mill just west of the ballpark Don't forget to buy season Six flags tickets. It is a nice park. You sound like you are on the GP/Arlington boarder. Are you in one of the Arlington Wards? Check out Sam Moons, it is a blast! Watch for the blue bonnets and painted brushes on the side of the roads in about a month. Beautiful!!!
Dianna

Gavin and Shawna said...

Welcome to TX! THe only state that has its own pledge of allegiance...the Texas pledge. Growing up in CA and living in NY, it is actually refreshing to be in a state that is not liberal and has some great patriotic/moral values!
Good luck and glad to hear everything is awesome!