Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fun filled week

MONDAY I had the great opportunity to finally take part of my licencing test. I was in and out in about and hour and passed the written portion of my exam. I am now scheduled to take my practical on May 11th. I am a little nervous!

TUESDAY the missionaries had a Zone Conference. Our ward had the wonderful assignment to feed them. So I had the opportunity to go and serve them. It was a lot of fun. I was able to get to know some of the sisters in the ward better. Later that evening we went to tutor. And afterwards we went out to dinner for my birthday! Vance and my friend Katie surprised me with some beautiful flowers and a very cute balloon (Vance picked it out).


WEDNESDAY I was able to go to a Substitute Teaching Training. I am offically able to sub in the Grand Prairie Idependent School District. In the evening Vance went out with the missionaries to visit some part member families in the ward. It was great that he went because he ended up going to a family with a son in our class!

THURSDAY is softball day. Vance had two games. The weather had cooled down which was nice, but the wind was insane. But they won both games. We think that they are second in the league! Afterwards we had dinner at our house with our friends the Meadors.

FRIDAY was a girls craft night. I am used to going to the DI for my crafts so I felt a little disoriented. So I just grabbed random things and took them with me. I stripped a canvas that I had covered and painted it. Then I helped with other peoples projects. We also made to amazing choclated covered strawberries. It was a blast and I look forward to the next craft night! And don't worry, Vance ended up doing fun stuff too.

SATURDAY we got up bright and early to help our friends move! The moving only took a few hours to do and it's always nice when the people your helping are awesome. And we were then rewared by Kevins parents with great burgers and chips! I just have to say that I love the whole Meador Family! Later that evening we went bowling with some friends from the ward!






5 comments:

AnnCP said...

Gosh - I wish my week was fun-filled like yours is. I am so glad you have made friends that like to DO things!!! That is the best!. And congratulations of passing the written boards - you are awesomeness!!!

And Vance - that is great you are on a city baseball league - those were the days (a memory of a long time ago for dad and I!).

Dave and Loralee said...

GOOD TIMES!!

Anonymous said...

You guys are having so much fun! Your hair looks great...I love it!

bowman family said...

Happy belated B-day! Sorry we missed it. Life has been a little crazy around here:) Glad to hear you guys are enjoying Texas.

Adam and Jess said...

Aren't you so glad to be done with school, and boards now? I'm so excited for you. Doing hair is so much fun and it's always a great career to have. Congrats.